5 TIPS FOR READING WITH YOUR TODDLER
Posted on March 8, 2021 by chandlerskylinepre
1. HAVE FUN. Your goal is to help your child grow to love books and love reading. There’s no wrong way to read together as long as you’re both enjoying it.
2. READ TOGETHER EVERY DAY. Make spending time together with books part of your daily routines. Just a few minutes at a time is all you need!
3. ASK QUESTIONS about what’s happening in the story or what’s on the page. Give them a chance to think and respond, and have a back-and-forth conversation.
4. POINT THINGS OUT on the page. You’re helping your child’s brain make the connection between what a word looks like in print and what it sounds like when spoken aloud.
5. LET THEM CHOOSE the books you read with them. Follow their lead and go with it, even if you’ve read that same book over and over.
For a breakdown of tips, watch the video from First Things First Blog here:
top post here
Posted On January 27, 2023
CLICK HERE TO BE REDIRECTED TO AZCEND FAMILY RESOURCE CENTERS
City of Phoenix Airport Worker Child Care Scholarship Program
Posted On August 16, 2022
To see if you qualify go to www.qualityfirstaz.com for more...
Your child's transition to preschool
Posted On July 11, 2022
As your child transitions into preschool and new changes begin...